|Degree||Ph.D in Economics from Osaka City University|
|Phone||+81 6 6605 2270|
|shiotani at econ.osaka-cu.ac.jp (please replace “at” with “@”)|
- 1993 B.A. : Shiga University
- 1995 M.A.: Osaka City University (Economics)
- 1999 ABD: Osaka City University
- 1999: Research Associate, Center for Northeast Asian Studies, Tohoku University
- 2007: Assistant Professor, Center for Northeast Asian Studies, Tohoku University
- 2019: Associate Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Osaka City University
Economic History of Europe
I am interested in the history of intelligence. Therefore, I study the transformation of Russian statistical system in 19th century, in comparison with European countries.
Message to Students
You have a lot of chances in University. If you find interesting chances, please try to challenge them as possible as. If you have many experiences, you will understand your character and direction.
Russian Economic History in 19th century
Comparative History, Statistical System, the History of Intelligence
Affiliated Academic Organizations
The Socio-Economic History Society; Japan Society of Economic Statistics; The Association for Slavic, East European and Eurasian Studies
- The Development of the Cotton Industry in Russia, Russian Printed Cotton and the Asian merchants, Chisenshokan, 2014 〔written in Japanese〕.
- “Triple Import Substitution – Russian Cotton Industry in the 19th century”, Miki SUGIURA (ed.), Linking Clothe/Clothing Globally: The transformation of Use and Value, c.1700-2000, Hosei University Publishing, 191-212, 2019.
- “The Export of Russian Cotton Fabrics and the Commercial Network of Asian merchants in the first half of 19th century. Part 2”, Vestnik of NSU, Series: History and Philology, Vol.18, No.1, 41-55, 2019.
- “The Export of Russian Cotton Fabrics and the Commercial Network of Asian merchants in the first half of 19th century. Part 1”, Vestnik of NSU, Series: History and Philology, Vol.17, No.8, 49-64, 2018.
- “Reform of Russian statistical system by the Home Office in the middle of 19th century”, Mezhdnarodnyy naychnyi forum “Nasledie”, Materialy medjudnarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii, Novosibirsk State University, pp.80-86, 2018.