|Degree||M.A. in Economics from Osaka University|
|Phone||+81 6 6605 2284|
|tsujiken at econ.osaka-cu.ac.jp (please replace “at” with “@”)|
- 1988 M.A. : Osaka University (Economics)
- 1992 : Lecturer, Faculty of Economics, Kansai University
- 1995 : Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics, Osaka City University
- 2006- : Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Osaka City University
My current research interest is soft budget constraint problems. Recently, I have been interested in using financial contract theory as a way to analyze this problem.
Message to Students
What do you think caused soft budget constraints in the post-bubble period of Japan?
Soft Budget Constraints
Affiliated Academic Organizations
Japanese Economic Association
- “The Continuity of the Transaction Relationship between a Bank and a Borrower”, The Japanese Economic Review, Vol.49 (4), 462-468, December 1998.
- “Bank Capital Regulation, Diversification Loss and the Probability of Bank Failure”, Japan and the World Economy, Vol.11 (4), 485-495, December 1999.
- “The Soft Budget Constraint, The Debt Overhang and The Optimal Degree of Credit Centralization”, Japan and the World Economy, Vol.19 (2), 187-197, March 2007.
- “Bank Capital Regulation and Soft Budget Constrainst”, International Advances in Economic Research, Vol. 21 (1), 33-40, March 2015.