|Degree||Ph.D. in Economics from Osaka City University|
|Phone||+81 6 6605 2293|
|fukuhara at econ.osaka-cu.ac.jp (please replace “at” with “@”)|
- 1981 B.A. : Osaka City University (Economics)
- 1983 M.A. : Osaka City University (Economics)
- 2015 Ph.D. : Osaka City University (Economics)
- 1988-1990 : Research Fellow for Young Scientists, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Osaka City University
- 1990-1991 : Senior Researcher, Osaka Municipal Government Research Council
- 1991-1992 : Lecturer, Department of Economics, Osaka City University
- 1992-2000 : Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Osaka City University
- 2000-2001 : Professor, Department of Economics, Osaka City University
- 2001- : Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Osaka City University
- 2015-2017 : Dean of the Graduate School of Economics
My research field is labor economics and social policy. In particular, I study issues of unemployment, precarious employment, poverty and social exclusion.
Message to Students
In the confusing economic society, is the hope of young people getting lost? Let’s discover confidence for the future, while doing social activities with books.
Labor economics, Social policy, Social Welfare, Social Exclusion / inclusion.
Social Exclusion / inclusion, Working Poor, Poverty, Activation Policy, Welfare State.
Affiliated Academic Organizations
Japan Association for Social Policy Studies; Japanese Society for the Study of Social Welfare; Society for the Study of Poverty; Japanese Association of Labor Sociology
- Euro Crisis and Transformation of the European Welfare Regime: Activation and Social Inclusion, co-edited with Kengo Nakamura and Takeshi Yanagihara, Akashi-Shoten, 2015, 283p [written in Japanese].
- European Welfare Regime in the 21st Century: Diversity of Activation Reform and Japan, co-edited with Kengo Nakamura, Tadashinomori-Shobo, 2012, 292p [written in Japanese].
- Social Exclusion / Inclusion and Social Policy, edited by H.Fukuhara, Horitsu-Bunkasha, 2007, 269p [written in Japanese].
- “Determinants of High-School Dropout: A Longitudinal Study in a Deprived Area of Japan”, with Takahiro Tabuchi, Sho Fujihara, Tomohiro Shinozaki, Journal of Epidemiology (online journal), 2018, pp.1-7.
- “Inclusive Community and Town Planning of Kitashiba Area”, The Bulletin of Buraku Liberation, no.207, 2017, pp.2-19 [written in Japanese].
- “Poverty, Deprivation and Health Problems in Poor Area and Community Support through Social Services; A case Study in Nishinari-ku, Osaka”, Journal of Poverty, vol.16, 2016, pp.22-34 [written in Japanese].
- “Chain of disadvantage leading to social exclusion”, Society and Research, vol.14, 2015, pp.20-27 [written in Japanese].
- “Aspects of social exclusion for working poor: consider employment / welfare regime from the results of survey on their employment and living conditions”, Oita University Economic Review, vol.63 no.4, 2011, pp.1-25 [written in Japanese].