|Degree||Ph.D. in Economics from Osaka City University|
|Phone||+81 6 6605 2282|
|matumoto at econ.osaka-cu.ac.jp (please replace “at” with “@”)|
- 1994 B.A. : Keio University (Economics)
- 1996 M.A. : Keio University (Economics)
- 2017 Ph.D. : Osaka City University (Economics)
- 1999 : Research Associate, Faculty of Economics Osaka City University
- 2001 : Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics Osaka City University
- 2007 : Associate Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Osaka City University
- 2018 : Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Osaka City University
My research field is public finance. It is said that Japan’s fiscal situation is in crisis. I analyze the crisis of Japanese society through public finance and think about ways to solve its problems.
Message to Students
The university is a place to learn freely. Please take care of yourself and spend your precious four years productively.
Public Finance, Tax system, Social security, Redistribution of income
Tax, Social Security, Public Pensions
Affiliated Academic Organizations
Japan Institute of Public Finance; Japan Association of Local Public Finance
- On a special treatment to the taxation of public pension schemes: Keio Journal of Economics 91 (1), 1998 [written in Japanese].
- Deductions from income to an elderly household and their reform plan: Journal of Economics 101 (3), 2000 [written in Japanese].
- Is the Consumption Tax Effective for the Correction of Difference between Generations?: Journal of Economics 112 (3), 2011 [written in Japanese].
- A Study on the Social Security and Tax Systems: The Bulletin of the Faculty of Commerce, Meiji University 97 (2), 2015 [written in Japanese].