|Degree||Ph.D. in Business Administration from Kobe University|
|Phone||+81 6 6605 2264|
|uranishi at econ.osaka-cu.ac.jp (please replace “at” with “@”)|
- 1997 B.A. : Kobe University (Business Administration)
- 1999 M.A. : Kobe University (Business Administration)
- 2003 Ph.D. : Kobe University (Business Administration)
- 2003 : Assistant Professor, Department of Business Administration, Kobe University
- 2004 : Lecturer, Department of Management Information, Fukuyama Heisei University
- 2008 : Associate Professor, Department of Business Administration, Fukuyama Heisei University
- 2013 : Associate Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Osaka City University
- 2016- : Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Osaka City University
My research field is Economics of Regulation. I am interested in the relationship between regulatory policy and productivity in transportation and public utilities such as postal services, railways, highways, and airlines.
Message to Students
I think that everyday life will be fun if there is something to get absorbed in.
Public Utility Economics, Transport Economics, Economics of Regulation
Public Utility, Privatization, Productivity, Regulation
Affiliated Academic Organizations
Society of Public Utility Economics; The Japan Society of Transportation Economics; Japan Society of Logistics and Shipping Economics
- “Comparing the Cost of Vertical Separation, Integration, and Intermediate Organisational Structures in European and East Asian Railways,” (jointly written with Mizutani, F., Smith, A. S., Nash, C. A.), Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, Vol. 49, No. 3, 2015, pp. 496–515.
- “Does Vertical Separation Reduce Cost? An Empirical Analysis of the Rail Industry in European and East Asian OECD Countries,” (jointly written with Mizutani, F.), Journal of Regulatory Economics, Vol. 43, No. 1, 2013, pp. 31–59.
- “Simulation Regarding Universal Service Obligation for Post Service,” Journal of Public Utility Economics (Koueki Jigyou Kenkyu), Vol. 59, No. 2, 2007, pp. 55–68 [written in Japanese].
- “The Post Office vs. Parcel Delivery Companies: Competition Effects on Costs and Productivity,” (jointly worked with Mizutani, F.), Journal of Regulatory Economics, Vol. 23, No. 3, 2003, pp. 299–319.