|Degree||Ph.D. in Economics from Osaka City University|
|Phone||+81 6 6605 2291|
|kubo at econ.osaka-cu.ac.jp (please replace “at” with “@”)|
- 2000 M.A. : Doshisha University (Economics)
- 2007 Ph.D. : Osaka City University (Economics)
- 2009-2012 : Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Osaka City University
- 2012-2014 : Associate Professor, Graduate School of Economics, University of Toyama
- 2015- : Associate Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Osaka City University
My research field is international economics. Every day, I think about how new open economy macroeconomics can be meaningfully applied to developing countries.
Message to Students
Cool head but warm heart!!
Monetary policy, exchange rates, inflation targeting
Affiliated Academic Organizations
AEA, ES, JEA, JSIE
- “The macroeconomic impact of foreign exchange intervention: An empirical study of Thailand,” International Review of Economics and Finance 49, pp. 243–254, 2017.
- “The US tech pulse, stock prices, and exchange rate dynamics: Evidence from Asian developing countries,” Journal of Asian Economics 23(6), pp. 680–668, 2012.